Sunday, March 6, 2011

A story to share.....

Week one is done and I have heard fom numerous people about athletic trainers. I am very happy to to hear all the stories. One of those stories is below.

Shared from a grateful parent - "my son had his leg broken (the tibia snapped completely in half) on Aug. 28 during an aggressive soccer game. Our athletic trainer (at OHS) was fabulous! He helped with rehab, kept my son motivated, and helped me contact the trainer's supervisor and discuss the issue in an "informed" way. Props to Trainer Dave at OHS - he's a keeper! Trainer Dave gave my son enough confidence to keep looking at college soccer - and not give up, just because he had the break during his junior year. :)  Props to Trainer Dave at OHS - he's a keeper!"

I also wanted to share with you that the first Legends of Sports Medicine award was given by Akron Childrens Hospital this weekend. CONGRATULATIONS to Don Marshall for the award and all of your accomplishments throughout your career!!!!!!! Thank you for your dedication and your mentorship to so many certified athletic trainers.

I want to thank everyone that commented on facebook and other places. It has been a good first week of National Athletic Trainers' Month. Keep your comments and stories coming.

Have a great night!

1 comment:

  1. "Trainer Dave" is Dave Dury from Oberlin High School.

    My son's injury happened at an away game early in the varsity season, so Dave was not present when the break happened. But he was there for my son's recovery, keeping him motivated and answering my questions about healing and rehab. Dave is dedicated to all of the athletes at OHS and is a true professional. I really appreciate him working with my son and being there for all of the OHS teams!

    ReplyDelete